09 October 2005

Operation Deja Vu



Well, since limpeh is bored again and while limpeh is still feeling fresh, limpeh will reveal to you people what Operation Deja Vu is about.


I wonder if my pal's girlfriend all thinks that I'm the best person to organise surprise party for their boyfriend. Well, of cos limpeh is the best person to do this kind of thing since limpeh is everyday eng eng bo thai chee plus I have all their numbers and they would come because they would give face to me as I have such a big fat fucked up face hehehe...


Jenny copied my number from Russ's phone while he was showering(I learnt about this only on that day itself) and asked me to help her organise a surprise party for Russ. Without any hesitation, I agreed.


Russ is one of my poly days best friend, without a doubt. We would meet, bbs, dine, joke, pee, shit and take the same bus home almost everyday. We shared gossips and tips on how to woo girls. We find every chance to joke about the people we see everywhere we go. Its been really fun going out with Russ. If I have to pick someone who is more witty/can think really fast/humorous/blardy good with words/know how to make girls happy than me, Russ is definitely the one(now everyone will know I owe Russ ALOT of money).


I managed to get Puss, Sabrina, Nan, Ivy, Andy, Lina, Jiaos and Christina to come but didn't managed to get the following...

1) Colin, cos he's in states, feasting on their 16oz. steak.

2) Nate, cos he's off to Batam for their Blue Moon Party.

3) Candice, cos she's going over to Shanghai the following day and yet to pack. I bet she's staying there till Chinese New Year cos she've got so much to pack that she couldn't spare 1-2 hours to get together.

4) Huijun, cos she's having a farewell party.


Andy and Lina were the first to arrive, followed by Puss and me. Although its supposed to be a "surprise" party, we did nothing to ensure that it would be a "surprise" to russ wahahahahaha. Ok, maybe we did try to "surprise" him but due to work commitments, plus Russ is the kind that leaves his workstation on the dot and head home straight, we just cant provide Jenny the surprise she was expecting.


The best thing was...despite it being a "surprise" party, we didn't even try to hide our shoes. Maybe thats the only "surprise" we gave him hahahaha... He was surprised to see so many pair of shoes outside and he only recognise my sandals. Maybe the term "surprise" is different when you're almost 30. No one really bother about jumping out from nowhere and shout "SURPRISE!!" when birthday boy man showed up. That'll deem you as OLD SKOOL or some might say CHILDISH. We've became demure!


No effort, no surprise. Anyway Russ is someone who doesn't show his emotion thru any expression, much like Jiaos. But I am sure he's happy to see us there, though not all showed up. And picture this, someone was writing greetings in HIS birthday card in front of HIM! Hurhur...I rest my case. Anyway, I reckoned celebrating birthday is just an excuse to get together. I was the one who requested to do away the present, since we know each other more than a decade and everyone is near 30 leow. Giving birthday present seem a little weird to me, especially when the recipient is a guy. So no birthday present for Russ~ I believe our presence is his best present already hehehe....


We talked some cock while waiting for everyone to turn up. When Jiaos and Nan came, we couldn't wait anymore and started munching away Jenny's splendid cooking(she said she merely deep fried it but deep frying oso need skills mah..). There were cheegen wings, fish fingers, fishballs, tofuball with meat fillings, otah, fried bee hoon and Jiaos favourite Kiam Hur Char Png(or simply, salted fish fried rice). Although its mostly deep fried stuffs, it is still heavenly cos we were all dying from starvation.


Looking at the amount of food and the rate we were going, as we were behaving like hungry ghost released from the depths of hell, Russ decided to order 2 more pizzas. That, was definitely a wrong move. Why? Because Colin wasn't around lar... We managed to finish 1 pizza and left the other one for the couple's breakfast, lunch and dinner for the entire weekend. One can only truly appreciate Colin's existence when facing this kinda crisis. Kidding lar...hahahaha...


Since our event photographer came late, we didn't managed to capture pictures of the food. However, we did captured moments of the birthday cake before it evanescent into you-know-where.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Nice or not? I buy one leh...mango ice cream cake from swensen~


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Birthday boy man obviously. He's 29 oledi ok!!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jenny and her hubby, the birthday boy man.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Jenny and her hubby, the birthday boy man, again.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The guys...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The girls...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Birthday boy man making a wish...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Blowing off the candle....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dig in!!!


Ok...you guys must be wondering why I call this "Operation Deja Vu"? Because we did this exactly 10 years ago in our very first chalet! We were celebrating someone's birthday and bought an ice cream cake as well. After blowing out the candles, we realised we've got no knife to cut the cake. Since its an ice cream cake and we've only got plastic spoons, we practically "dig in" and broke a few spoon in the midst of doing so. I'm tempted to show those pictures but I guess someone would rather I don't rake up the past hehe...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Its fun to eat ice cream cake this way you know?


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Never thought it would be so so hard...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Be careful not to let photographer take pictures of your cleavage!


Before I end this post, lets take a look at the "almost" full strength(puss and sabrina not included cos puss went to catch spiders with sabrina in night safari)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


For those who couldn't join us, I can only say this to you....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: