20 January 2004

Truthfully, I dont really like Chinese New Year. All those cleaning, packing, throwing away stuffs are driving me nuts. Chinese love to buy things they won't be using just to throw them away at a later date. What's the point? Buy stuffs that you're going to use immediately and you'll save alot on unnecessary items. I know somethings you need to buy beforehand incase of breakdown like fluorescent lamp but bowls, cups, chopstick, spoon, sugar, salt, rice, chilies, ketchups? Not really mah...I'm sure you can survive one meal without all those. Can always wait till next day and get them from NTUC or your nearest mamashop. You don't always break your bowls or cups everyday, so whats the keeping it for rainy days for? I dont see how rainy it can get just because you're short of one bowl or cup or one pair of chopstick or one spoon. Why get all those stuffs you might not be using for a long time for? Sigh...perhaps my folks been thru the most chaotic years Zingapore have and they are wary of how things are gonna become. Thats how they develope this "saving things for rainy days" mindset. The whole house is a mess with all this thing. So many cupboards with clothes you dont get to wear even once a year. How would I like my place to be next time? Lemme just put them down in point form so that I can look back at this post once I have my own apartment...

1) Knock down all the walls. I hate partitions.
2) No cupboards. Just those kinda clothes hanging thing you see in boutiques.
3) No bed, just mattress will do. I'm kinda used to sleeping on the floor without any boundaries.
4) Definitely no fishtank and/or pets of any kind. (I hope)
5) Wooden couch. Its such a pain changing all those what you call them? Clothings for the tee lum?
6) No altar or idol of anykind.
7) I'll strictly adopt to the "you only buy em when you need em" concept around the house. No storing of item you might be using them in near future.

I think this would keep the place neat and tidy most of the time. Packing things are such a pain....fuck man...

No comments: