05 August 2005

It is the first day the Hungry Ghost Festival. So what if its Hungry Ghost Festival? I never believed in such things. You are so damn wrong! Hungry Ghost Festival have alot of meaning to me and not just a buncha good brudders(好兄弟) sitting down infront of the stage and watch some ching ching chiang chiang chong chong show by some people who put on more make ups than the tranvestites from Thailand. Ok, I'm just talking cock, no pun intended.

Lets talk more about things you dunno about Hungry Ghost Festival. I know two version of how this festival came about. Some told me its commendorating one Buddha(地藏王菩萨) who went to hell to help all the souls gain enlightenment and vow not to attain nirvana till he end all the sufferings in hell. Ever come across this verse "我不入地狱,谁入地狱"? Ya...that Buddha(地藏王菩萨) came up with that lor~ Hmm...makes me wonder. Does that mean the hellguards will be out of job if that day should ever come? Anyway, some say its to commendorate this guy call Meng Lan(孟兰) for saving his mom from hell although his mom treated him like shit when she was alive. I don't think you'll be able to find such guys these days. Nowadays the trend is an eye for an eye. a tooth for a tooth! Well, I've got no idea which is fer real but I do know one thing. The chinese are great at creating myths(some might wanna call it "BULLSHIT") just like the greeks. Sibei kiang...just like how Colin always sing praises of me with, "AH NEE KUAN BOON EH SAI~!!这样也可以~!!!". Anyway, boys and girls, lets keep an open mind with religions cos I believe religions were founded for a good cause. It survived so many years not just because of deities protecting it, but the ultimate truth they have unfold. There's nothing wrong with religions, the only thing that can go wrong is the way people decipher the scriptures. As we all know that game of "pass the message". By the end of the chain, the last person might get a completely different message due to things missed out or added from previous people. I believe this is how religions got twisted and how terrorists were created. TERRORISTS ARE CREATED COS THEY WERE MINDFUCKED BY THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS(YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, DON'T HIDE!!! YOU CHEEBYES!!) NO ONE IS BORN TO BE A TERRORISTS!! I'll discuss about this again while meantime, I leave it for you guys to judge which hungry ghost version is more convincing.

This festival mean quite alot to me. No, not in a religious manner but the inconvenience it is gonna bring. Firstly, I'm alot more restricted from going out and coming home late as my mom is afraid that I might offend those hungry brudders or draw their attention too much, just like how a limping wildboar will attract the attentions of lions/tigers/leopards/cheetahs/etc. Great! Cannot go out at night is as good as not going out at all, since most of my friends can only meet me after work. I must start finding friends from #teens so that I can go out with them when they finished school, which is like 1-2pm. I can foresee myself becoming their 老大 once I successfully infiltrate their social circle woooohoooo! Thanks mom, fer providing me this chance to mix with younger generation! Secondly, it simply mean you have to mop the floor/wipe the windows/change fishtank water/clean the fan's blade after burning the hellnotes



for those brudders to spend in opium houses/brothels/gambling dens. Why all the cleaning? Because of some inconsiderate fuckers prefer to burn hellnotes by the pavements/roadsides rather than the humongous red bins our Gahment provide!! Fuckers...those are the ones who should be ass rimmed by the good brudders. They mess up the whole fucking place. I really pity those cleaners and road sweepers after all these festivals. So poor thing...you know how hard is it to sweep ashes? So if you're reading this post, and if you or your family are going to burn some hellnotes tonight, burn it in designated areas, please. I know I litter too but those things I throw are easy to sweep mah hahahaha...Ok ok...I promise I'll try not to litter, as long as you dont anyhow set up campfire during this festival, ok? Swee bo?


大伯公 will bo bee bo bee you kanna 4D if you burn the hellnotes in designated areas, ok?


Disclaimer: I'm not trying to make a mockery out of religion so please don't flame me. Just a gentle reminder for people to take care of their surroundings while observing traditions. Meaning to say, if you really wanna burn hellnotes on the pavements/roadside, do it at your neighbouring blocks lar.

No comments: