08 August 2003

I finally get to see my shrink today. No fancy couch, no fancy paintings hanging on the wall, no pretty lady dressed in a suit, no relaxed ambience, no nothing. I guess I've watched too much movies. Its that plain old room that I've been visiting for the past few months, except that its a different doctor this time. This old male shrink looks nothing like a mind reader. He kinda remind me of the old chap selling soya bean in the nearby hawker center. Well, he was kinda fierce when he talk to me, in a reprimanding tone. I dont like that of cos. I'm looking for someone, whom I can "open up mahself and talk to", thats what I've been telling myself when my doctor referred me to a shrink. He's saying that I've got too much self pity in me, that I think the whole world owes me something. Kewl, thats what I've been telling people too. When I told him my brother kept saying that I didnt put in effort to healing faster, he said my brother was probably right. He said only when people care for you and you didnt show any improvements, they would get frustrated and start reprimanding you. It only shows that they care, and they wont even give a damn to you if they didnt care. Cool. I said that to pple I screwed at times too. I told them, "If not because you are my friend you think I wanna screw you? Fuck you understand! If you're not my friend I rather go play my playstation2 than screwing you". In a way, its true. No doubt with that care my brother have for me, I'm not suspecting anything other than that. Perhaps he used the words? Anyway thats beside the point. I'm utterly disappointed with the shrink. I can gain more just talking to the wall than talking to him. He's telling me the things I already know. Maybe I misinterprete what a shrink does. I always thought they are there to listen to you and try to understand you. Guess I'm wrong. Nevermind, at least I'm there, done that, and know what the fuck its all about. Psychiatrists are merely people out to con your money into believing they give a shit about what you're going thru. I only want to talk to someone who doesn't know me at all, but still interested to know whats going on in my puny mind. Thought shrinks are suppose to do that, professionally. I guess, I'm qualify to be one myself, if thats how the game's played.

No comments: