27 July 2002

Is this a good time to blog or wat? Just finish eating mah ipoh hor fun, the rain stop leow and its so cooling now, i'm alone in the living room again cos the rest are either out or sleeping, irc got no idiots to make a fool out of, my fav songs are being played~ So perfect it seems, but still something is missing...ya...fag...Well, was actually quite sleepy but i just couldnt seems to fall asleep when i lie down. My friends are enjoying the sun in sentosa since this morning (i think), hope it didnt rain or it will be a major disappointment. Wonder if i'm not crippled like i am now, would i go? Hmm...dun think so, its just so...not me, to join this kinda gathering. I rather sit down and have a cup of coffee in coffeeshop instead. I use to bbq alot when i was still in poly, kinda fun leh. But as u grow older, it seems impossible to gather pple out for one nice gathering. Everybody is so busy with their own commitments and things like that. Is that the same to everyone everywhere or izzit just in Singapore? If we were in some ulu ulu province in Southern China (wat Moses lim use to say in Under One Roof), would it be much simpler in demands and expectations? All we ask for everyday might be a few corns, some sweet potatoes, and maybe occationally a few grains of rice. Life would be so much simple then, with no headaches and worries, dont have to stress urself out for the next car loan payment, dont have to worry about ur credit card bills, dont even have to care abt wat GST or the increment of public transport. You might get a better picture when u get married and have a family to feed. All this, i suppose, are the reasons why there are lesser and lesser pple getting married nowadays. My brother was telling me this the other day when we recieve our cpf updates. He said, "Peng! I can finally afford the toilet! I got 52k in my ordinary account!". I know its a joke, but quite depressing to hear that joke. Makes me wonder, when will i be able to afford even the toiletbowl? I guess most of u will say everything will be straighten out when the time comes. Very optimistic thinking but sorry, by then u would lose almost half of ur hair for brooding and over stressing urself. This is not a discouraging blog but just a personal view of the life we are leading now. I dont think i will wanna continue staying in Singapore and if i can, would like to try out somewhere else where the pace is not tat fast and the demands are not that great. Maybe the ulu ulu province in Southern China suits me better.....or it wont? No idea...

No comments: